We believe that for people to eat more healthily we need to make it easier for them to do so.
We set up Pantries in community centres and children’s centres- stocked with fresh fruit and vegetables and other store cupboard staples.
A Pantry offers members a weekly choice of healthy food for an affordable pay-as-you-go membership at just £5/week.
Pantry members pay £5 a week and choose:
- up to 10 PANTRY items: a diverse range of fresh fruit and vegetables
- up to 10 SURPLUS items: from donations from supermarkets and other food suppliers
When you come to a pantry
- Reduce your food shopping bills
- Get a diverse range of fresh fruit and vegetables and healthy food
- Find more choice than a food bank
- Reduce food waste from supermarkets and other food suppliers
- Feel a sense of community and solidarity.
- Be signposted to other events & services and find volunteering opportunities
Are you interested in low-cost, healthy food in your area? We run weekly pantries at 4 different sites:
Our community pantries are for everyone who is a local resident. Our children’s centre pantries are for local families with children 0-4 years old.
Our community pantries:
-> Myatts Field North Pantry- Tuesdays -11am til 2pm
Myatts Field North Community Centre, 24, Crawshay Road, SW96FZ
-> Southwyck Pantry – Thursdays- 11am til 3pm
Brixton Street Gym, Somerleyton Road, SW98ND
Our children’s centre pantries:
-> St Stephens Pantry- Wednesdays- 12:30 til 2:30pm
St Stephens Children’s Centre, Meadow Place, Stockwell.
-> Liz Atkinson Pantry- Fridays – 12 til 2pm
Liz Atkinson Children’s Centre, Mosytn Road, SW96PH
Want to find out more? Or interested in starting a pantry in your local community? Call Helen on 07701365551