At the Healthy Living Platform we’re a charity that is all about offering activities which benefit the health and wellbeing of the whole community.
We develop community programmes and activities that empower local people and are self-sustaining.
We encourage healthy and sustainable lifestyles by giving practical training, education, information and support on topics such as nutrition, cooking, food growing, health and wellbeing.
Our vision is thriving neighbourhoods full of people who are helping one another access everything they need to live happy, healthy lives. We think that communities have a lot of the things they need to create their own wellbeing and, in particular, can learn and trade skills from one another and become less dependent on those big corporations who do not care about what matters to us.
- enable and offer activities which benefit the health and wellbeing of the community
- develop community projects and activities that empower local people and sustain themselves
- encourage healthy and sustainable lifestyles by providing practical training, education, information and support on nutrition, cookery, food growing, health and wellbeing
Our Charity Objects
- The prevention or relief of poverty for the public benefit by providing food, baby clothing and baby essentials to individuals in need and charities and voluntary organisations working to prevent or relieve poverty, and by providing such organisations with facilities for the preparation and distribution of food.
- To preserve and protect good health for the public benefit by providing or assisting in the provision of education on health awareness, healthy eating, training and other appropriate projects that enable individuals to be self-sufficient in gaining access to, growing and preparing nutritious food.
Registered Charity No: 1195487
Our first big project is our partnership with LEAP, which we started in 2018 and will run until at least 2021.
Our focus there is to improve outcomes for children born in four of the poorest wards of the borough, in particular creating healthier environments that will be sustainable beyond the life of the project.
We will build on this work to reach out to more people in these four wards, and replicate what works in other areas of Lambeth and beyond. We are also a platform for new projects.
Our team has lots of experience and ideas for things we can do.
We recognise that we are particularly good at building partnerships and being in the background, helping use our experience to access funding and to realise grassroots ambitions. For example, we are working with the existing food growers such as the Polytunnel, on the Tulse Hill estate, to expand the growing and ensure that it is properly resourced over the summer holidays.