Volunteer with us
Do you feel you can volunteer and give back to your Community? We’re looking for volunteers who can help in our surplus food warehouse (Mon-Fri) and at our community pantries.
Surplus Food Warehouse
When: Any weekday morning, ideally 0930-1130 but other times could work
Where: Brixton Rec, Brixton Station Road, SW98QQ
Tuesdays – Myatts Field North Pantry, 24 Crawshay Road, SW9 6FZ
- Morning shift – 9.30-12pm – setting up pantry and serving
- Afternoon shift – 12-3pm – serving and clearing away
Wednesdays – St Stephen’s Pantry, 1 Meadow Place, SW8 1XZ
- Serving and clearing away – 12-3pm
Thursdays – Southwyck Pantry, Brixton Street Gym, 10 Somerleyton Road, SW9 8ND
- Morning shift – 9am-12pm – setting up pantry and serving
- Lunchtime shift – 12-2pm – serving and local deliveries (walking)
- Afternoon shift – 2-4pm – clearing away pantry
Fridays – Liz Atkinson Pantry, 9 Mostyn Road, SW9 6PH
- Morning Shift – 10am-12.30pm – Setting up and serving
- Afternoon Shift – 12.30-3pm – Serving and clearing away
“Volunteering at Southwyck makes me want to do more in the community. It gives me self-worth and has brought me out of myself” – Southwyck Pantry Volunteer
We also need help with our communications such as website and social media and people with expert skills to help us get our projects off the ground.
Please contact us using this form.