Kadecia made this healthy cranberry and carrot mug cake at one of our sessions at St Stephen’s in Stockwell. Cranberry and carrot mug cake (Picture by Kadecia). Mug cakes are a popular way to get a sweet treat quickly and Kadecia’s version is packed full of healthy ingredients.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or any sweetener)
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- Pinch of cinnamon and grated nutmeg
- A sprinkle of dried cranberries
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- Mix together the coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, grated carrots mixed spice and dried cranberries in a mug.
- Sift in the flour and mix well until it is well combined and looks like cake batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until it has risen, use a skewer or knife to check if it is cooked through.
- *Alternatively* cook in a pre-heated in oven for 15 mins at 180°C.