Food Ambassador’s programme
June 28 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until July 5, 2022
Are you interested in being part of our team of Food Ambassadors?
Do you want to inspire and support your community to access healthy, affordable and tasty food?
Do you want to make a better, fairer and more environmentally-friendly food system?
Our 3 week Food Ambassador programme is for you.
Volunteer to build community food projects and be matched to a food hub or children’s centre near you.
You could be;
– Running community cooking sessions
– Representing at events
– Sharing your skills and knowledge with others
– Managing one of our pantries or even setting up your own community food project.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you.
When: 3 Tuesday morning sessions from Tuesday 21st June to Tuesday 5th July 2022 at Moorland’s Community Centre
Time: 10am-1pm (a light lunch provided)
Place: In person at Moorland’s Community Centre
Who: The programme is free to Lambeth residents and priority will be given to parents with children aged 0 to 3 years
The training will cover the following:
- Food and cultural identity, using different herbs and spices
- Nutrition, what makes a balanced meal?
- How to cook delicious, community meals in a healthy, sustainable and affordable way
- Practical cooking sessions
You will gain your Food Hygiene Level 2 Certificate and be provided with recipes, information and cooking tips. Following the programme, we are able to pay Food Ambassadors for some of our catering events, where we have funding.
The programme is FREE, but we ask that in return, you commit to volunteering with us for at least 6 months from the start of the programme.
Here are a couple of quotes from some of our participants on our previous programmes:
‘Loved the sessions and how it was delivered was great, very informative and fun working with like minded people making a change through healthy eating’.
‘An informative programme led in a friendly relaxed environment, encompassing the healthy, sustainable ethos of HLP’.
‘A well prepared and informative course, with friendly people’
‘So far it’s been amazing being part of helping to make different cultural dishes. It’s a great feeling to give back and support the community’.
Please call Zoe (07944240420) if you would like an informal chat.
To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Your post code
- Email and phone number
- Child(ren)’s name and DOB (if applicable)
- Whether you need a creche for the dates of the sessions (we may not be able to guarantee this)
- Any access or learning needs