Since the pandemic began in March 2020 we have been cooking hot meals, sending out food parcels, delivering food, nappies and baby clothes to new parents and organising socially distanced or online events for isolated parents.
Many people have asked us how they can help. And seeing as it’s nearly Christmas – the season for giving – we thought we’d share with you some of the ways that you can get involved.
There are many ways that you can do so at the Healthy Living Platform. Whether it’s by giving up your time, donating money or buying a pack of nappies for a new family we will be grateful for whatever you can offer.
To give you a flavour of the kind of impact you can make here are some figures. In the last three months alone we have given out 2808 food parcels and 3300 hot meals (mostly delivered by volunteers) to people in need in Lambeth. In addition to that we also send out food every week to 33 charities who then distribute it to 1700 people.
We wouldn’t have been able to do this without your support.
Here’s how you can help:
- buy us a gift from our wishlist
- donate some nappies for us to send out to new parents – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
- give us your pre-loved wellies and waterproofs for children under four years old for us to pass on contact email@example.com to arrange
- donate to us or for £5 you can download a copy of our Black History Month recipe ebook in return
- volunteer your time – we have lots of opportunities
To see more of our work please follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.