In these unsettled and challenging times we wanted to reach out to everyone and let you know the kind of plans we are putting in place to respond to Coronavirus.
At Healthy Living Platform we are all about developing communities, and throughout our work, we have seen so many acts of kindness from members we have worked with. Sadly we have had to cancel all our community sessions, due to advice from the government about social distancing: we want to do what is best for the safety and well-being of everyone. However, we know that it is at difficult and unsettling times like this that we especially need to continue to come together (even if that is only virtually) and support each other. We also recognise there are some less fortunate and we want to do all we can to help them.
We are currently putting the following strategies into place in response to the Coronavirus:
- We will continue to offer veg bags, which can be collected at different venues 4 days a week. For anyone not feeling well enough to collect your bag, or if you are in isolation, please contact us directly @email@example.com and we will try and find an alternative way of getting your bag to you.
- We will provide regular tips via social media that will be helpful for you at this time. Please contact us with any queries you might have about cooking and well-being . We may not have all the answers, particularly as the situation is continuously changing. We are all about utilising and sharing the resources and knowledge we have within our communities, so please also write in with any tips you have to share.
- We are in the process of setting up a foodbank at one or two of our sites.. watch this space!
- We are setting up a kitchen where we will be making healthy meals to be collected or delivered to people… watch this space.
- We are looking at posting gardening and cooking video’s online for people to join in from their own homes (please bear with us as we are a bit grassroots when it comes to tech stuff).
- Community signposting – we are compiling a list of local organisations/charities that can help at this time. Please get in contact if you know of any that should be on this list.
- We will try to reach out to our members more than usual over the phone/internet and social media. If you would like to speak to anyone in the team for social support, please do not hesitate to get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave us your phone number and someone will give you a call!
We know we work best by all coming together as a community and have been so inspired by efforts we have seen people making already. Please do let us know if there are other initiatives you believe we could be exploring. Keep well and safe everyone. We believe that these challenging times will serve to make stronger communities.