Perfect Winter Warming Evening Meal. This will make you feel Comfy and Cosy.
250g Pack of Quorn or Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausages Sliced
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Bunch of Shallots
3 Stalks of Celery
5 Potatoes Boiled and Mashed
X1 400g Tinned Tomatoes
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
1 Tablespoon of Paprika
3 Sprigs of Rosemary
2 Tablespoons Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
1. Heat a large frying pan and add olive oil.
2. Add the slices of sausage, diced shallots, celery, courgettes and carrots.
3. Fry over a high heat for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Add a little water to prevent from sticking to the pan and stir gently.
5. Then add the tomatoes, stock, paprika, rosemary and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Then simmer for 40mins until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are cooked, whilst stirring occasionally.
Serve with mashed potatoes, dollop of fromage frais, low-fat crème fraiche or soured cream if desired.