These chocolate truffles might look like a decadent treat but they’re actually a delicious and healthy snack made from dates and coconut. They were very popular with both adults and children at our December pampering day in Tulse Hill.
- 15 large dates (if dried soak for at least 1 hour in hot water and then drain. Alternatively use fresh soft dates eg Medjool, which do not need soaking)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for decoration
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tbsp sunflower, rapeseed or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Measure out all of your ingredients and put them in a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or with a hand blender. Alternatively you can knead the mixture by hand.
- Pour a handful of desiccated coconut onto a plate.
- Take half a tablespoon of the mixture and form into small balls with your hand. Roll the balls in the coconut ad place in the fridge for at least 20 minute