This vegan potato and cauliflower curry is a delicious and healthy dinner that the whole family can enjoy. Perfect served with rice and a side of green veg.
1 medium cauliflower, broken into pieces
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp sunflower oil
3 medium potatoes, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and chopped
1 small red chilli deseeded and chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp garam masala
salt and pepper to taste
fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Put your cauliflower florets into a roasting tin. Add the cumin seeds and 1 tbsp sunflower oil and stir well. Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway. When the cauliflower is turning golden brown remove from the oven.
- Boil your chopped potatoes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan. Add the mustard seeds. After one minute add the chopped onion. Stir and reduce the heat too low. Fry for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli (if using) and fry for one more minute. Stir through 1 tsp turmeric then add the tin of chopped tomatoes and the tomato purée. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the garam masala and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked potatoes and cauliflower and stir through.
- Serve with rice or flatbreads and sprinkle coriander over the top before serving. A side of greens is also delicious – in the picture we served with stir-fried cabbage and coconut.