Our food ambassador, N, shared her delicious cauliflower curry recipe with us recently. Here it is for you to make at home too.
1 medium cauliflower
1 tablespoon oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2-3 green chillies, to taste, or 1/2 tsp freshly crushed black paper
3-4 large juicy tomatoes
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt, to taste
1 large onion, chopped
Half bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized pieces.
- Put in a pot, fill with water, and bring it to the boil. Boil for 3-5 minutes stirring once. Turn off the stove and leave it to rest in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil into a cooking pot and add your crushed garlic. Stir for one minute – don’t let the garlic change colour.
- Add your tomatoes, salt, spices and green chillies. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low heat until the tomatoes become soft.
- Next add the cauliflower, stir, then add the chopped onion. Put the lid on and cook until soft.
- Finally sprinkle on the chopped coriander and cover with a lid for five minutes to get a nice fresh aroma.
- Stir before serving – enjoy!