Sweetened with fruit, these healthy spinach and banana muffins are a great choice for babies and toddlers.
1 ripe banana, mashed
50g spinach, blended into a purée
60ml oat milk
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
40ml sunflower oil
75g wholemeal plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
50g raisins (optional)
You will also need six cupcake cases.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with six cupcake cases.
- Mash a ripe banana in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 50g spinach purée with 60ml oat milk. (You can blend them together in a jug blender or with a handheld blender if you have one). Add a squeeze (about half a tablespoon) of lemon juice. Add 40ml sunflower oil.
- Mix in the mashed banana and mix well.
- Tip in 75g wholemeal plain flour, 40g oats, a teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix in.
- Add 50g raisins if liked and mix in.
- Spoon into 6 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.