This healthy soup is packed full of brightly coloured vegetables and beans. The beans are full of protein and the vegetables contain many different kinds of nutrients, making this an ideal vegetarian and vegan meal.
• 400g tin of mixed beans
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, peeled and sliced
• 1 tbsp crushed garlic and ginger
• 5 sprigs of thyme or mixed herbs
• 2 or 3 mixed peppers, chopped
• 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1 swede, peeled and sliced
• 1 stalk celery, chopped
• 1 cup sweetcorn
• Five cups of water
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot. Add the sliced onion and slightly soften then add the ginger and garlic and herbs.
2. Stir for a few seconds, then add the sliced swede, sweetcorn, sliced carrots, celery and mixed peppers.
3. Add five cups of water and simmer for 40 minutes until cooked. Add the beans and cook for five more minutes to heat through.
4. Serve with rice, bread, pasta, quinoa or enjoy a bowl of this high protein, rich in vitamins, mouth watering full of beans soup!