Our member Kadecia made this delicious healthier tahini and sweet potato buttercream at our session at St Stephen’s Church in Stockwell. It’s a much healthier alternative to traditional buttercream. Not only does it include a portion of vegetables, it’s low in added sugar.
- 400 g sweet potatoes (about 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (you can use agave or date syrup too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cook the potatoes (roast, boil or steam) until really tender.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes (remove skins if cooked unpeeled).
- Using a blender or a food processor, blend until smooth.
- Leave it to cool completely before using. To use spread on top of a cake as you would with any other buttercream.