These delicious oatmeal banana breakfast cookies were made by one of our members, Kadecia. They are really tasty and make a great, healthy snack for children and adults alike. If you have a blender or food processor these only take a few minutes to prepare. Make the recipe your own by choosing whether to add raisins or chocolate chips or extras of your choice.
- 2 large bananas mashed (riper the better)
- 2 cups of oats
- You can add your favourite ingredients such as chocolate chips or vanilla extract etc.
- My optional extras were:
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend oats, using a blender/food processor or good old fashioned pestle and mortar.
- Add the banana mash and oats in a mixing bowl and mix until it becomes a well combined smooth dough.
- If mixture is looking too dry, add a splash of your favourite milk.
- Using a tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball using your hands and flatten into cookie shapes.
- Place onto greased baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container. They can also be refrigerated, frozen and reheated.