These delicious, spicy corn fritters were made by our member Kadecia, at St Stephen’s in Stockwell. Enjoy these bad boys as a side dish or snack. Kadecia loves them with maple syrup or her homemade honey and miso dip. Add extra spicy sauce if you like things hot!
- 80g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 small tin (160g) of sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 105ml (7 tbsp) water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- Add a few teaspoons of hot pepper sauce if you prefer it hot, optional
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, onion and bell pepper.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
- Stir in water to make a smooth but thick batter.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on a medium high heat.
- Add spoonfuls of batter to the pan and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- *TIP* when bubbles form on the surface, the fritters are ready to be flipped