Don’t let your stale bread go to waste. Turn it into delicious homemade croutons by following this easy recipe.
A medium loaf of bread (around 350g), cut into cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano or mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6 and get a baking tray ready.
- Place your cubes of bread into a mixing bowl. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano or mixed herbs and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Use your hands to mix well.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes then turn the pieces of bread over and return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes until crispy.
- Allow to cool and serve with salad or soup.