These delicious cookies are free from fat and refined sugar. By using spices such as ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg you’ll get all the flavours of Christmas but in a healthier way.
100 grams plain wholemeal flour
50 grams oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
60 grams raisins
160 grams apple puree
NB: to make apple purée peel and chop two cooking apples. Place in a small saucepan with a little water and cook over a low heat, stirring often, until soft. Mash well or purée with a hand held blender.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a baking tray or cover it with non stick baking paper.
- Place 100g plain wholemeal flour, 50g oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and a pinch of ground nutmeg into a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add 60g raisins and 160g apple puree and stir well.
- Using your hands, knead together for a few moments with lightly floured hands until it comes together into a dough.
- Roll into six equal sized balls and flatten with your hands. Place on the baking tray leaving a little space between each one then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven then allow to cool on a wire rack – or enjoy warm.