This potato and cauliflower curry is an easy and healthy dinner. It’s a great way to make a filling and nutritious meal without spending a lot of money. Serve with rice or flat breads as preferred. We are cooking along with Veg Power , a national campaign to encourage children to eat more vegetables. Cauliflower is vegetable of the week next week and we hope that this delicious curry recipe will encourage you and your family to give it a try.
- 6 medium potatoes, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets (small pieces)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch chunk of ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, or more to taste
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- Salt and pepper, optional
- First prepare and cook the potatoes and cauliflower. You can either roast them with a little oil until soft or boil or steam them until cooked.
- While they are cooking make the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the cumin seeds and cook until just turning brown.
- Add the onion, stir and fry for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger, fry for one minute, then add the turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well then add the tins of tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Stir through the garam masala then add the cooked potatoes and cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice or flatbreads.