The team at Healthy Living Platform are proud to announce that our organisation is now recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Here at Healthy Living Platform we are actively promoting a positive approach towards health and wellbeing by the organisation, and a clear commitment to disability and inclusion.
We want to play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better and this award recognises that we are committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interviews to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
What is Disability Confident?
This is a government-supported scheme that supports organisations like ours to make the most of the talents that people with disability can bring to our workplace.
The scheme will help us to recruit and keep great employees; draw from the widest possible pool of talent; secure high-quality employees who are skilled, loyal and hardworking; and continue to provide a supportive environment so current employees can take pride in where they work and feel empowered to talk about disability and well being at work.
Being named a Disability Confident Committed employer is the first of the three levels to support us on our Disability Confident journey. The other two levels are Level 2: Disability Confident Employer and Level 3: Disability Confident Leader.
Click here to find out more about the definition of Disability under the Equality Act 2010.