Are you looking for an affordable space to cook for your community? Are you an up and coming food start-up needing a kitchen to rent? Do you deliver large-scale catering?
At Healthy Living Platform we make it easier for us all to live more healthy and sustainable lives. Our focus is on connecting communities through food across Lambeth.
We have created the Healthy Living Platform Kitchen to be a welcoming space that is flexible for both cooking workshops and large scale catering.
We have set up the Healthy Living Kitchen in collaboration with Lambeth Accord and with support & investment from Lambeth Council Public Health
The Healthy Living Platform Kitchen will:
- provide a well-equipped, high-quality space where local voluntary, community and faith organisations can prepare cooked meals.
- provide people with the skills and knowledge to prepare meals to help them live healthily and sustainably.
- bring people together from across Lambeth to prepare and cook food for their communities and use food in a sustainable way.
We will do this through:
The provision of an accessible and affordable space for local groups to hire and prepare cooked meals [or host events]
Delivering educational sessions and training
Providing volunteering, training and employment opportunities
Minimising food waste and sharing zero waste practices.
Generating income by renting out the space for events and catering to start-ups and individuals that support the above aims and the long-term sustainability of the community kitchen.
Actively promote the kitchen ensuring there is equitable access to the space
Interested in booking the kitchen?
We are open:
Mondays to Fridays, 8am till 5pm. Bookings outside of these times are subject to additional fees.
Where are we?
336 Brixton Road, London, SW9 6AA
The kitchen is based in the ‘We are 336’ building – around a 7 minute walk to Brixton station, 10 minutes to Oval station.
As of 26th September, our hire rates are:
for charities & community groups- £25 per hour
for commercial & corporate use- £40 per hour
For repeat bookings, please contact us directly for information about discounts. We may need to increase our prices to respond to increase in energy costs. We will honour the price of any bookings made before an increase.
- 2 x Lincat silverlink electric oven and hobs – 6 hobs on each and commercial ovens.
- Washer and dryer (used by prior arrangement)
- Lots of preparation space
- Kitchen Equipment available:
- Pots of various sizes
- Magimix food processors
- Colour-coded chopping boards
- 6 portable hobs (for cookery workshops)
- Various kitchen accessories
We are open for bookings from Monday 26th September 2022
We recommend that you make a booking at least 14 days in advance. The deposit and invoice will need to be paid to secure the booking.
Have more questions? Want to chat options?
Call Zoe on 07944240420