Are you interested in being part of a team of Food Ambassadors, supporting those in your community to access healthy, affordable and tasty food? During and following our 6 week programme, based on your interests and where you live, you will be assigned to a particular food hub or children’s centre for you to volunteer as a Food Ambassador. This might involve you facilitating community cooking sessions, cooking in our Healthy Living Kitchen, becoming involved in our Pantry (community food shop), or even setting up your own community food project. If any of this sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you.
Dates: 6 weekly Friday morning sessions from 30th April until 4th June.
- Food and cultural identity, using different herbs and spices
- Nutrition, what makes a balanced meal?
- How to cook for your community, reducing food waste, meal prep and planning, using seasonal vegetables
- Cooking with and for children
- What you need to set up a community food project: risk assessment, allergens, COVID safety
- Running a community food project: how can we support each other and build a team
Here are a couple of quotes from some of our participants on our previous programmes:
‘It’s been really cool. I thought it would be really stressful but it’s really relaxing and at the end you’re feeding a part of your community which is wonderful’.
‘So far it’s been amazing being part of helping to make different cultural dishes. It’s a great feeling to give back and support the community’.
To sign up, please email Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and our Food Coordinator will give you a call with more information.