We are seeking a Food Ambassador to prepare a healthy vegetarian lunch each week in August for 6 families (approximately 6 adults and 14 children) to be eaten as part of Brockwell Greenhouses story-time workshops. Meals will be made using surplus ingredients, will need to be varied and creative each week and can include salads, pasta, homemade bread, dips and fruit.
You will need to:
- Have a Food Hygiene certificate
- Be a trained HLP Food Ambassador
The role will involve:
- Liaising with Brockwell Greenhouses each week to check what seasonal ingredients are available and to confirm your menu.
- Keeping in regular communication with staff at HLP each week regarding the project.
- Preparing a delicious healthy lunch adhering to HLP Food Policy, for approximately 6 families (e.g 6 adults and 14 children) in the Southwyck Kitchen in Brixton each Monday in August (times can be negotiated) to be eaten by families the following day at Brockwell Greenhouses.
- Cleaning to a high level in line with COVID Food Safety guidance (additional training provided)
Dates: (exact times to be negotiated):
- Monday 3rd August
- Monday 10th August
- Monday 17th August
- Monday 24th August
Fee: Food Ambassador to receive £130 total for all 4 sessions
You will be provided with any additional training required and receive support from the team, and a Volunteer Cook to assist. A small budget of £50 in total can be used for food (in addition to surplus ingredients provided) for the 4 sessions and we can support you in managing this. A free space can be made available for you and your family on the workshops (Tuesdays, 12-2pm) and it would be advantageous but not essential if you can be there to serve the food (in line with COVID food safety guidance).
Please write to us via email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 28th July, expressing your interest in this role and provide us with a detailed example of a 4 week lunch menu plan (4 menus in total), taking the above into consideration.