Are you passionate about working with young children and their parents?
Do you love cooking?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to run our ‘Mini Chef’ sessions with parents and children under 4 on Friday mornings.
4 x 1 hour 30 minute sessions from Friday 1st July until 22nd July
The sessions will involve getting children and their parents/carers to take part in simple hands-on cooking. You will be expected to show families how to make simple and healthy recipes. Parents can sign up for one off sessions, so you can expect to work with different families each week
The outcomes of the course are for:
- Parents to have improved knowledge of healthy food and feel more confident cooking healthy meals with their children
- To get children interested in different foods and cooking.
- Families to feel more connected to each other
As the Cookery Leader you will need to:
- Have experience of either leading cooking sessions or regularly attending similar cooking sessions
- Have experience of being with young children (either at work or volunteering or as a parent)
- Plan and prepare lesson plans, including teaching resources such as recipes.
- Have a level 2 Food Hygiene certificate (or ready to get one)
- Have a current DBS/ be subscribed to the DBS update service or be willing to undergo a DBS check with us
The Healthy Living Platform is an equal opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from LGBTQ+, Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates and candidates with disabilities as we would like to increase the representation of these groups. We strive for our workforce to be representative of the communities we serve.
Payment: £300 in total for all 4 sessions (£75 per session).
For a chat about the role, please call Zoe on 07944 240420
If you are interested in applying, please email your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your pitch you will need to:
- Tell us how you would run the sessions
- Explain your skills and experience relevant to the role
- Confirm you are available for the 4 course dates – Fridays from 1st July to 22nd July, 11am till 12.30pm (allowing for preparation and cleaning time either side of this).
Closing date for pitches: Wednesday 8th June, 4pm.