We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised cookery teacher with knowledge of plant-based nutrition to run a healthy eating cookery course for parents with young children on Thursday mornings.
(2.5 hour sessions) from 6th January until 18th February (6 sessions plus a taster)
The majority of the sessions will be run with just parents -one of the sessions will have the children joining in. Children will join for lunch in the last 30 minutes of the sessions.
The outcomes of the course are for:
- Parents to have improved knowledge of healthy food and feel more confident cooking healthy meals for and with their families.
- Parents to have the skills and confidence to make healthy versions of dishes from their own cultures.
- Families to feel more connected to each other and learn about foods from different cultures.
As the Cookery Teacher you will need to:
- Have nutritional knowledge of plant-based food.
- Have experience of preparing vegetarian meals from different cultures, on a limited budget.
- Plan and prepare the sessions, including course plan, teaching resources such as nutritional information handouts and recipes.
- Have experience of working with families from different backgrounds.
This is a pilot project. If the sessions are successful, we would aim to look for further funding.
For an informal discussion, please contact Zoe on 07944 240420 or email zoe@healthylivingplatform.
If you are interested in applying, please email your pitch to email@example.com. In your pitch you will need to:
- Outline how you would run the sessions.
- Your skills and experience relevant to the role.
- Your expected fee.
- Confirm you are available for the proposed 6 course dates – Thursdays, 10.30am till 1pm, from 13th January until 18th February. You would also need to be available in December (timings can be flexible) to start planning the course alongside our food co-ordinator.
Closing date for pitches: Monday 29th November, 4pm. (If we receive successful pitches before this date we may close the deadline sooner).